Mindfulness at work
Paradoxically, people who are most vulnerable to burnout and stress are people with:
· a strong sense of duty
· a high level of perfectionism
· self-esteem dependent on work performance
Stress directly impacts the quality work delivered and overall company performance. Mindfulness is one of the most efficacious evidence-based solutions that addresses stress at work.
Mindfulness programs delivered in the work context have been shown to help to:
· reduce absenteeism associated with stress and illness
· enhance staff wellbeing and job satisfaction
· improve workplace relationships
· increase innovation.
At the employee level, benefits include:
· Improved intellectual skills such as sustained attention, memory and concentration;
· More efficient management of energy levels;
· Better emotional regulation
· Increased creativity
· Better management of work-life balance
· Capacity to prevent and better resolve conflicts.
Tailor made mindfulness based programs can be arranged to meet a group’s specific needs or those of your organization. These can be adapted to the workplace context and to busy people. For more information,